Wednesday, February 17, 2010

W.I.P Magnolia in Crystal



18" x 24" - I started with the background on this painting since that is usually my least favorite part. I figured if I messed up now, there wouldn't be as much at stake. Warm reds and browns were used for the wall and a yellow/violet mixture on the tabletop. Not masking the whites saved a lot of time; it also meant I had to work quickly around all the shapes. The shadow is proving to be harder than I thought. It will need some darkening...

4 comments:

CARMELINA LOUNSBURY said...

looks promising...keep at it...
the background might be boring, but it's the perfect set up to a great painting!

ciao
carmelina

r garriott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
r garriott said...

Looking forward to stage two! I always like to start from the background and move progressively forward, too. It just seems logical.

thewillowsnest said...

yay!! here comes another gorgeous Michelle painting!
I love seeing the early stages!
ps . my litle 'scarlet guy is doing better thankyou!